No more respect for you... hng
I always wonder if 60 days of maternity leave (30 days b4 and 30 days after) is enough for a woman, especially when you are working in an environment that needs you to move around a lot and carry heavy stuff. Not to mention the ever-changing shift hours.
One of my colleague is pregnant (never ask but at least 4 months I think?) It's obvoius that she'll have difficulty carry/refill a 10 litre water tank of our machine. She will ask us to help when we are around and avoid shifts that she have to work alone in lab. But recently our manager was questioning (which is what they like to do the most) another colleague for changing shifts with her. And when he hear the reason, he say "She is carrying a big baby in her womb, why you think she cannot carry a 10L water tank?"
Speechless.
He is a man with a wife and 4 kids, and probably another few legal wives, if he want in the future.
I don't know what happen to him.
I never realize that "saying the right thing" is as important as "doing the right thing" until I'm exposed to so much bullshits everyday from newspaper, radio, and office...

1 Comments:
Sigh...some people simply do not deserve any respect at all. Its such a sad reflection of how bad some in society have gotten.
Post a Comment
<< Home