Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Decided to go "walk around in" Kinokuniya since I've always quite lost in this big bookstore. The first book I read is "rough guide to Britain" :D
so excited... and I can't wait to start planning my holiday next year.. hehe

Anyway... well although I'm going to Taiwan for 4 nights this weekend. I don't really feel excited.
I am looking forward to it, because it's time for a break, it's time to spend some time with my family, hopefully more relaxing than a weekend trip back home. because I feel like I might be able to reconnect with something. because I want to put down some burden in my life for awhile.
BUT there are people who try to ruin my holiday mood for sure.
(First I must say that this blog is not towards my friends, but it's those people that I'm so sick of everyday)
"You mustn't forget to buy this brand's matte base, me and her and him all use it, and it's xx dollars cheaper than singapore!, and that particular peanut candy from this particular night market (while I don't f'king care about peanuts) Oh please take a copy of taipei city map for me, Oh do you want me to pay you SGD or TWD?" (as if you have TWD now)
Thanks for all the weights and burden you guys just added to my SHORT BREAK.
You guys are probably thoughtful enough to think that you guys should ONLY ask someone to do all your oversea grocery delivery if they are not on a tour.
Thoughtful enough to ask a person that only have 24 hours in taipei to buy all these thing.
"don't worry, all the things on my list can easily be bought in department store"

I don't go on a holiday to become stressful, or to put on weight to my life, my assets. Like what you guys do, keep buying cheap stuff, expensive stuff or discounted expensive stuff, yelling out the price of what you've just bought to everyone at ur workplace the next day. not even sure if you want to hear "Oh, it's so cheap!" or "Wah, it's so expensive!" as a response. Filling up the "retail therapy's closet of happiness" that will never be full. Calculating ur value of life with "$" and "%". tagging every priceless thing in your life with a price.
I don't buy a air tickets just to go somewhere to do my shopping and come home.
I definitely don't risk my confirmation to buy ur heart with some souvenirs, probably some cookies or candies that you will secretly gobble up in our pantry right before lunch time, despite the "unglam-ness". probably without a "thank you".
Because "kiasu-ism" just rocks, who cares about being glam and polite.
Glam is used to describe things we are about to eat/wear.
Polite is the word we use when we try to show our sympathy to someone.

Think you know better about Taipei than me? Sure I won't stop you from yelling again about how well you know the directions to the only DHC store (wow, wow) in Taipei.
I might not have been to Xi Men Ding more frequently than you do. but I don't need you to tell me what this place means to me.

"I only ask someone to buy souvenirs for me, if I think they'll think of me during their trip"
Ok that's one special answer I got...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How come right... All your posts on your blog sound so fierce and combative? It's actually quite scary. But I see your side of the argument. I guess when people overdo it, it can get quite annoying. But others may think you are quite lucky that you can go and hope you can share that joy with them? Haha.. I dunno.

But anyway.... ENJOY YOUR TRIP!

7:09 AM  
Blogger asamlaksa said...

go play happily and dun think so much about the colleagues,reallyXD
It's approaching!
Bon voyage~

by asamlaksa aka huiying

5:41 PM  
Blogger Edmund said...

Enjoy your holidays! Period.

1:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home