Luxembourg city
My first stop of my Europe trip is Luxembourg city. I have never heard of this country, but it seems safe enough to be my first stop. When I reach the train station, I didn't like it very much, because it looks dirty around that area, and people there is extremely unfriendly. but it's a surprise when the bus crossed the bridge and reached the city centre. Its geographically interesting, there is a low part surrounded by walls, and a high part around the walls, connected by few long bridges. Beneath the bridges is not river, but buildings and a huge low forest seperating city centre and the "train station side". And it's pretty mind-challenging and thrilling to walk around the city. There isn't a visible road that connects the high and low part... but a lot of small paths here and there, connecting the walls or more small paths. Then suddenly you are at the low parts already. I was lost in the forest for 1 hour before I realized it, actually I was lost all the time in this city! It's also exhausting to wander around the city, because it's about climbing uphills and going downhills all the time. Haha.. it's so different from Toronto~ Went to bock casemates, which is " series of fortified ring-walls that housed thousands of soldiers, horses and various shops throughout the ages. Construction " For me, it's like creepy tunnels and caves that you have fun scaring yourself off (especially if you're on your own) No wonder there is a warning sign in front: "if you're claustrophobic, avoid the narrow, winding stone staircases to the lower passages" The staircase is cold, damp, closed and narrow (1 feet width). This interesting city~~!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home