Bordeaux
I left San sebastian early in the morning by take Eusko train to Hendaye, transfer another train to Bordeaux. Reach there around 1pm, had my lunch at Casolette House. Trying some blood sausage (I am not a fan of it), and Bordeaux white wine :D... Too bad I spilt half of the glasses before I finished drinking...but it's good!
Then I went to the St.Andre Cathedral to visit. They have english guide! So I learnt a lot about this church, and also the different architecture style: romanisque, gothic, and baroque. This interesting church has three parts that built in different centuries, and they were once a warehouse to store hays... they have some nice paintings and sculptures...and the stained glasses tell stories about the saints. The guide is so enthusiastic in the painting that this is my first time looking at the angel's/ people's expression so in detail.
Then I went to the fountain, but I don't understand what does is mean. wunai... Then Bordeaux started to give me a grand, elegant but scary impression. The water out of this copper sculptured dragon body horses' mouth is hitting a men's body with suffering face. The buildings here often have faces with different expression on each "arch" looking at you. hmm... Wanted to go tourist office, but it's closed, only some clueless tourist like me is outside of the office. The Maison du Vin de Bordeaux which offers wine tour is also closed, but I just want to have a look anyways... So I'm hopeless, what I can do now is just taking pictures and eat something before catching the night train. I went to the Public Garden, Rue Ste.Catherine (nice street), those small streets between this street and the riverside... Personally I think that's the nicest area of Bordeaux , especially Place de la Bourse, land it look nicer at night. Then by taking the convenient (& sometimes free) tram, I go to train station.

1 Comments:
heh they cook is with mashed apple and potato.. I feel weird when the sausage is so soft... maybe not used to it~!
Post a Comment
<< Home