Amsterdam, flying back
I am planning to record down my trip backwards in blogspot. So I will start with my last day in Europe - August 16th. So I reach Paris at 6am in the morning, in my weary eyes and sandy bags... and take metro from Austerlitz station to North Train Station, and I am leaving Paris again! Just got a glimpse of it's beautiful night light... and this makes me really want to come back here again next time, when I have more time, and when I know how to speak French. I have the worst experience for communication in France already. Then I stop by Brussels station again, buy small pieces of chocolate for each brand that is sold there, and head straight to Amsterdam. Amsterdam is not a city I really like, because I don't know what to do here. I wander around the streets... canals, a lot of coffeeshops, especially "Bull Dogs", some red light district... expensive restaurant (lots of international cuisine: chinese indian sushi kebab...) a lot of tourists... I am lost again. The city map looks like a spider web for me... :p and it gets very interesting when I am lost... because if I go to one street left it goes further and further away from my original street. Anyways, it wasn't long because I have to take the train to Schiphol for my flight.
One thing I really regret is buying the railpass, for more days than I might need. I should buy the least day I will need. End up I don't spend more than $40 a day on train, and I don't even used up half of the days available. There are always local train / bus that are cheaper, so I should really buy it only after I make sure how much the transportation cost.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home