Iyengar Yoga hmm..
I have tried a few "school"s of yoga and I realize the styles and the student's personality also different with each "school".
Maybe I'm over generalizing...
Somehow, ashtanga yogis are those more athletic ones, ready to push themselves forward
Sivananda yogis seems to be very friendly and homely
and Iyengar yogis seems to be very sharp, precise, and strict.
Without realizing it, I have been learning Iyengar yoga for about one year now...People might think that all these "talking more than doing", obsessive about alignments, and over-using of props are just too much. But what I like about it is it feel safe. As if they would doing anything to prevent yoga injuries-- blankets under your shins, blocks supporting ur knees.
But when I heard about the rigorious teacher training, I am demoralized:
Eligibility Criteria :
The minimum qualification required to start teacher training is
* One needs to be a student of Iyengar Yoga for a minimum of 3 years.* One is expected to attend at least 3 classes a week and should practice daily on their own.
* The teachers will judge the student’s practice further to start teacher training.
Training Process :
The teacher training is for a minimum of 2 years After 1 year of training, the trainee can appear for the Introductory Level I examination
After completing Introductory Level I, the trainee can appear for Introductory Level II after a minimum of a further 1 year.
The trainee is qualified to teach only after the completion of Introductory Level II
... and how your body alignment has to be perfect to the examiner's eye... It is as strict as a ballet dancer.
Some yoga teacher training course take one month only!
I wish I could choose a path and follow through. Yet I am still undecided which path to follow. I am not sure I am just doing "guru shopping".
But I know I want it to be "user-friendly"(must have a loving homy environment) and safe enough (therefore the need for proper alignment) for everyone, and intergrative (not just a physical exercise, but eventually touches meditation and the philosophy of it)
Will I be willing to take up the challenge? Will I just choose the easiest way out?
Will I find the intersection of set A, B and C, yet being able to appreciate their symmetric difference?
Yet it's too early to think so much about all these.
As my teacher says, it's better if only we can be simple and stop thinking so much.
and as Lao Tzu says, a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home