Thursday, August 24, 2006

San Sebastian

I feel luckiest when I am in San sebastian. After leaving my workcamp on Sunday afternoon, I say goodbye to other volunteers in Lleida, and reach San sebastian at 10pm by bus. It's dark and I have trouble finding my Pension Amalur which is just one unit on second floor of a normal apartment, can't tell it's a hostel at all from outside. And most of the hostel in San Sebastian seems to be like this. Suddenly, there are fireworks right in front of me, and everyone seems to be walking towards the direction!... So I also follow them and end up watching the fireworks in the middle of the road with my luggages for ~20 minutes... It's the first day of their "Semana Grande"! ("the Big Week")and there are 6 more days of fireworks... wow. And lucky enough, the owner of my hostel is a friendly uncle, who gave me all the information and maps to get around. I was happy that night because I can finally take a private shower..haha.
Second day, I went to the Old town. Everywhere is so near in San Sebastian, yet there is a lot of explore, for example, those tapas bar like mushrooms in old quarter( Parte Vieja), the view of the bay from different angle...

1 Comments:

Blogger Hai-ying said...

I'm extremely jealous. I want to be there!!!

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home