Monday, November 15, 2004

Just read this from someone's blog...

[ Heraclitus said, "Upon those who step into the same rivers flow other and yet other waters."
What he really meant (translated into modern English) was, "You cannot step into the same river twice."

Recently, I read about this in a book about the beginning of philosophy. Heraclitus, one of the first few of philosophers in this world, has observed that 'no one can step into the same river twice'. When I ponder about it, I began to understand what he meant by that simple statement. When a person step into the river for the first time, and for the second time, he may be stepping into the exact spot, but the water about the spot have changed. This is because the water flow continuously no matter what. ]

This is good. Sometimes we just take something for granted, or keep postponing what we really want to do, or feel bored with the routine life, because we think there are always plenty of tomorrow, plenty of monday, plenty of 1pm...
then there will be some changes to your life, or chances you have missed, andyou will start to regret, or try to find out why...
this things happen no matter how well planned your life is, or how much you want something to stay forever as they are
maybe it's just because, the river is always keep flowing...
the fishes will slip through your fingers and continue swimming

You can...
go with the flow, or stay at the same spot, be the "unchanged" who faces the "changed"
catch the fish, or watch it swims away happily and look for what's coming up...
or .. many other possibilities, and all these possibilities come together to "form a moment", and there will be another sets of possibilities for the next moment...and where are we? .. between it, along with it, or just one of the possibilities...

I should just try to appreciate and be more grateful for what i have, before I mourn for the lost. I should just cherish every moment in my life because they are 'unique', more than i should daydream about the future. Ya I should be focus, and positive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home